General George Rogers Clark needed help in the western theater of the Revolutionary War. Father Pierre Gibault, a French immigrant, and Francis Vigo, an Italian businessman, came to his aid in the area around Vincennes, Indiana and Kaskaskia, Illinois merely by asserting the rights of Catholics against the anti-Catholic British.
- Father Gibault: The Patriot Priest of the Northwest
- Pierre Gibault, Priest And Patriot Of The Northwest In The Eighteenth Century
- Biography – GIBAULT, PIERRE – Volume V (1801-1820) – Dictionary of Canadian Biography
- Francis Vigo – George Rogers Clark National Historical Park (U.S. National Park Service)
- Francis Vigo – Wikipedia
- George Rogers Clark – Wikipedia
- St. Francis Xavier Cathedral and Library – Wikipedia
Follow to Get Episodes Automatically
And in your kindness, please leave a great rating and a review — those help more people to find American Catholic History!
Brought to you by SQPN and Beatrix Media
Keep the American Catholic History Podcast going by supporting SQPN, or by becoming a sponsor of American Catholic History, and contact Beatrix Media (Tom and Noëlle's media company) for your writing, digital strategy, and SEO needs!
Become a StarQuest Patron
Patrons keep all of SQPN's shows going, including American Catholic History. Patrons also receive special gifts and exclusive access to special content and early releases of certain episodes. Find out all of the benefits of being a Patron and choose your level today!
Sponsor American Catholic History Episodes
Learn how you can sponsor the American Catholic History Podcast. Your name and information will be included in our episodes, plus more benefits. Get information at the SQPN website.
Drop a Tip in Noëlle & Tom's Tip Jar
Putting these episodes together takes time. If you appreciate what you get, show Noëlle and Tom a little love through Venmo or Paypal.