On January 1, 1892, Annie Moore was the first immigrant to pass through the gates of Ellis Island and as Tom and Noëlle Crowe tell her story, they also tell the story of Catholic immigration to the US in the late 19th century, including the hopes, the challenges, and the helping hands.
- Annie Moore – the first immigrant through Ellis Island
- First through Ellis island: Annie Moore’s tough, tragic life | IrishCentral.com
- Annie Moore Was Ellis Island’s First Immigrant. This Is Her Story.
- Annie Moore (immigrant) – Wikipedia
- Story of the First Through Ellis Island Is Rewritten – The New York Times
- Annie Moore – The Statue of Liberty & Ellis Island
- The Catholic Immigrant | Commonweal Magazine
Follow to Get Episodes Automatically
And in your kindness, please leave a great rating and a review — those help more people to find American Catholic History!
Brought to you by SQPN and Beatrix Media
The American Catholic History Podcast is a project of Beatrix Media, LTD and is produced and disseminated by the Starquest Production Network.
Keep the American Catholic History Podcast going by supporting SQPN, or by becoming a sponsor of American Catholic History!
Become a StarQuest Patron
Patrons keep all of SQPN's shows going, including American Catholic History. Patrons also receive special gifts and exclusive access to special content and early releases of certain episodes. Find out all of the benefits of being a Patron and choose your level today!
Sponsor American Catholic History
Learn how you can sponsor the American Catholic History Podcast. Your name and information will be included in our episodes, plus more benefits. Get information at the SQPN website.