Fr. Gabriel Richard founded the University of Michigan, wrote the motto of the city of Detroit, represented Michigan in Congress, and tirelessly worked for the people of God on the frontier for many years. Tom and Noëlle Crowe tell us the story of this priest now being considered for sainthood.
- Fr. Gabriel Richard: What you didn’t know about Detroit’s famed ‘second founder’ – Detroit Catholic
- Sketch Of The Life Of Father Gabriel Richard 1767-1832
- Detroit in Early Times.—Very Rev. Gabriel Richard
- Who was Gabriel Richard? | Michigan Today
- Catholic church starts process to name Father Gabriel Richard a saint
Follow to Get Episodes Automatically
And in your kindness, please leave a great rating and a review — those help more people to find American Catholic History!
Brought to you by SQPN and Beatrix Media
The American Catholic History Podcast is a project of Beatrix Media, LTD and is produced and disseminated by the Starquest Production Network.
Keep the American Catholic History Podcast going by supporting SQPN, or by becoming a sponsor of American Catholic History!
Become a StarQuest Patron
Patrons keep all of SQPN's shows going, including American Catholic History. Patrons also receive special gifts and exclusive access to special content and early releases of certain episodes. Find out all of the benefits of being a Patron and choose your level today!
Sponsor American Catholic History
Learn how you can sponsor the American Catholic History Podcast. Your name and information will be included in our episodes, plus more benefits. Get information at the SQPN website.