Sts. Isaac Jogues, Rene Goupil, and John de Lalande ministered to the Huron (Iroquois) people in the region north and south of lakes Ontario and Erie. Eventually all three were martyred for their witness near Auriesville, New York. They are considered part of the larger group of “North American Martyrs.”
- Life of St. Isaac Jogues — St. Isaac Jogues – Wayne, PA
- Isaac Jogues – Wikipedia
- St. John de LaLande
- Jean de Lalande – Wikipedia
- CATHOLIC ENCYCLOPEDIA: Rene Goupil
- René Goupil – Wikipedia
- Biography – LA LANDE, JEAN DE – Volume I (1000-1700) – Dictionary of Canadian Biography
- Biography – GOUPIL, RENÉ – Volume I (1000-1700) – Dictionary of Canadian Biography
- Saints Of The American Wilderness: The Brave Lives And Holy Deaths Of The Eight North American Martyrs
- The Jesuit Martyrs of North America
- The North American Martyrs: Jesuits in the New World
- Saint in the Wilderness: The Story of Isaac Jogues, Missionary and Martyr in the New World
- The Life of Father Isaac Jogues, Missionary Priest of the Society of Jesus, Slain by the Mohawk Iroq
- Saint Isaac and the Indians
- The American Catholic Almanac
Follow to Get Episodes Automatically
And in your kindness, please leave a great rating and a review — those help more people to find American Catholic History!
Support American Catholic History
Noëlle and Tom enjoy doing this work, but they can't do it without support!
Become a supporter of American Catholic History to keep this great Catholic content coming.
Over on Locals we host reading groups, post exclusive videos, chat sessions, and we share more content not available to the public.
Join Our Locals Community
Learn how you can sponsor the American Catholic History Podcast. Your name and information will be included in our episodes, plus more benefits. Get information at the SQPN website.
Become a Patron
Drop a Tip in Noëlle & Tom's Tip Jar
Putting these episodes together takes time. If you appreciate what you get, show Noëlle and Tom a little love through Venmo or Paypal.