Fr. Damien de Veuster came to the Hawaiian Islands in 1864 as a missionary and soon volunteered to minister to the leper colony on Molokai. Tom and Noëlle Crowe describe his ministry among those who were ill and set aside as one filled with joy and selfless love until his own death, which led to his canonization as St. Damien.
- Saint Damien of Molokai
- eVols at University of Hawaii at Manoa: Life and letters of Father Damien, the Apostle of the lepers
- About St. Damien | St. Damien Sacramental Solutions
- Father Damien Statue, U.S. Capitol for Hawaii
- Father Damien – Kalaupapa National Historical Park (U.S. National Park Service)
- Father Damien – Wikipedia
- Father Damien of Molokai | Papal Artifacts
- American Catholic History pilgrimage to the Kentucky Catholic Holy Land in 2021
Follow to Get Episodes Automatically
And in your kindness, please leave a great rating and a review — those help more people to find American Catholic History!
Brought to you by SQPN and Beatrix Media
The American Catholic History Podcast is a project of Beatrix Media, LTD and is produced and disseminated by the Starquest Production Network.
Keep the American Catholic History Podcast going by supporting SQPN, or by becoming a sponsor of American Catholic History!
Become a StarQuest Patron
Patrons keep all of SQPN's shows going, including American Catholic History. Patrons also receive special gifts and exclusive access to special content and early releases of certain episodes. Find out all of the benefits of being a Patron and choose your level today!
Sponsor American Catholic History
Learn how you can sponsor the American Catholic History Podcast. Your name and information will be included in our episodes, plus more benefits. Get information at the SQPN website.