Polish immigrants in Milwaukee needed a new Church and their pastor was intent on making it happen. And then after construction was about to begin, the federal building in Chicago was slated for destruction. The whole building was brought north in pieces and every piece was repurposed to build the new St. Josaphat church.
- Basilica of St. Josaphat – Wikipedia
- History of the Basilica – The Basilica of St. Josaphat – Milwaukee, WI
- 8 things you didn’t know about The Basilica of St. Josaphat – OnMilwaukee
- About The Basilica – St. Josaphat Foundation
- Basilica of Saint Josaphat | Encyclopedia of Milwaukee
- Erhard Brielmaier – Wikipedia
- Chicago Post Office and Custom House
Follow to Get Episodes Automatically
And in your kindness, please leave a great rating and a review — those help more people to find American Catholic History!
Support American Catholic History
Noëlle and Tom enjoy doing this work, but they can't do it without support!
Become a supporter of American Catholic History to keep this great Catholic content coming.
Over on Locals we host reading groups, post exclusive videos, chat sessions, and we share more content not available to the public.
Join Our Locals Community
Learn how you can sponsor the American Catholic History Podcast. Your name and information will be included in our episodes, plus more benefits. Get information at the SQPN website.
Become a Patron
Drop a Tip in Noëlle & Tom's Tip Jar
Putting these episodes together takes time. If you appreciate what you get, show Noëlle and Tom a little love through Venmo or Paypal.