The Battle of Gettysburg is often considered a turning point of the Civil War. Tom and Noëlle Crowe tell us how Catholics played key roles in the battle before, during, and after, including the Daughters of Charity who nursed the wounded and dying and Fr. William Corby, chaplain of the Irish Brigade.
- Catholic presence at Battle of Gettysburg still shines 150 years later – Catholic Philly
- The Daughters of Charity and the Battle of Gettysburg
- Catholic presence at Battle of Gettysburg still evident 150 years later – Today’s Catholic
- The Daughters of Charity of Emmitsburg in the Civil War
- Daughters of Charity treat war’s wounded, host Union before Battle of Gettysburg | fredericknewspost.com
- The Sisters of Charity: The ‘Battlefield Angels’ of the Civil War
- American Catholic History pilgrimage to the Kentucky Catholic Holy Land in 2021
- ANGELS OF THE BATTLEFIELD: A History of the Labors of the Catholic Sisterhoods in the Late Civil War
- Lincoln and the Irish: The Untold Story of How the Irish Helped Abraham Lincoln Save the Union
- The Irish Brigade: A Pictorial History of the Famed Civil War Fighters
- My Life In The Irish Brigade: The Civil War Memoirs Of Private William Mccarter, 116th Pennsylvania Infantry
- Absolution Under Fire: 3 Years with the Famous Irish Brigade (Abridged, Annotated) (Civil War)
- The Irish Brigade In The Civil War: The 69th New York and Other Irish Regiments of The Army Of The Potomac
- The American Catholic Almanac
Follow to Get Episodes Automatically
And in your kindness, please leave a great rating and a review — those help more people to find American Catholic History!
Brought to you by SQPN and Beatrix Media
The American Catholic History Podcast is a project of Beatrix Media, LTD and is produced and disseminated by the Starquest Production Network.
Keep the American Catholic History Podcast going by supporting SQPN, or by becoming a sponsor of American Catholic History!
Become a StarQuest Patron
Patrons keep all of SQPN's shows going, including American Catholic History. Patrons also receive special gifts and exclusive access to special content and early releases of certain episodes. Find out all of the benefits of being a Patron and choose your level today!
Sponsor American Catholic History
Learn how you can sponsor the American Catholic History Podcast. Your name and information will be included in our episodes, plus more benefits. Get information at the SQPN website.