Commodore John Barry is known as the Father of the US Navy, its first commissioned officer, and first flag officer. Tom and Noelle Crowe trace his origins as an Irish Catholic immigrant to his distinguished career in the Revolutionary War to his appointment to head the fledgling post-war Navy.
- John Barry: An American Hero in the Age of Sail
- The Story of Commodore John Barry
- Memorial to Commodore John Barry, Father of the Navy of the United States
- The History Of Commodore John Barry
- Commodore John Barry: “The Father of the American Navy” : The Record of His Services for Our Country
- The American Catholic Almanac
Follow to Get Episodes Automatically
And in your kindness, please leave a great rating and a review — those help more people to find American Catholic History!
Brought to you by SQPN and Beatrix Media
The American Catholic History Podcast is a project of Beatrix Media, LTD and is produced and disseminated by the Starquest Production Network.
Keep the American Catholic History Podcast going by supporting SQPN, or by becoming a sponsor of American Catholic History!
Become a StarQuest Patron
Patrons keep all of SQPN's shows going, including American Catholic History. Patrons also receive special gifts and exclusive access to special content and early releases of certain episodes. Find out all of the benefits of being a Patron and choose your level today!
Sponsor American Catholic History
Learn how you can sponsor the American Catholic History Podcast. Your name and information will be included in our episodes, plus more benefits. Get information at the SQPN website.