Charlene Richard was an ordinary girl in south central Louisiana. She was a typical cajun Catholic girl, good at sports, good at her studies, a devout Catholic, and known to get into a little trouble here and there, just like every other kid her age. But when she was twelve everything changed when she was diagnosed with leukemia, and died just 13 days later. How she suffered for others, and how she accepted her coming death, inspired by St. Therese of Lisieux, made all the difference for “the Little Cajun Saint.”
- Charlene Richard Foundation
- Charlene Richard: Narrative, Transmission, & Function of a Contemporary Saint Legend
- Lafayette diocese launches pathway to sainthood for 2 Acadiana residents; third to follow | News | theadvocate.com
- Charlene Richard – Wikipedia
- CHARLENE RICHARD (1947 – 1959) | St. Edward Church/St. Thomas Chapel
- She died at 12 and is already known as the Little Cajun Saint
- Charlene Richard a candidate for sainthood | KLFY
- Remembering Richard’s ‘little Cajun saint’
- Book shares story of ‘The Little Cajun Saint’
Follow to Get Episodes Automatically
And in your kindness, please leave a great rating and a review — those help more people to find American Catholic History!
Brought to you by SQPN and Beatrix Media
Keep the American Catholic History Podcast going by supporting SQPN, or by becoming a sponsor of American Catholic History, and contact Beatrix Media (Tom and Noëlle's media company) for your writing, digital strategy, and SEO needs!
Become a StarQuest Patron
Patrons keep all of SQPN's shows going, including American Catholic History. Patrons also receive special gifts and exclusive access to special content and early releases of certain episodes. Find out all of the benefits of being a Patron and choose your level today!
Sponsor American Catholic History Episodes
Learn how you can sponsor the American Catholic History Podcast. Your name and information will be included in our episodes, plus more benefits. Get information at the SQPN website.
Drop a Tip in Noëlle & Tom's Tip Jar
Putting these episodes together takes time. If you appreciate what you get, show Noëlle and Tom a little love through Venmo or Paypal.