Stephen Badin came to the U.S. while in seminary and became the first priest ordained in the United States. He was a cantankerous and demanding, but caring, spiritual guide. He was sent to minister to the Catholics in Kentucky, and spent himself there and eventually in parts of the Midwest building the Church.
- This strong-willed adventurer was the first priest ordained in the U.S.
- Who Was Stephen Badin? | Stories | Notre Dame Magazine
- The Role of Father Badin’s Slaves in Frontier Kentucky
- American Catholic History pilgrimage to the Kentucky Catholic Holy Land in 2021
- CATHOLIC ENCYCLOPEDIA: Stephen Theodore Badin
- Stephen Badin – Wikipedia
Follow to Get Episodes Automatically
And in your kindness, please leave a great rating and a review — those help more people to find American Catholic History!
Support American Catholic History
Noëlle and Tom enjoy doing this work, but they can't do it without support!
Become a supporter of American Catholic History to keep this great Catholic content coming.
Over on Locals we host reading groups, post exclusive videos, chat sessions, and we share more content not available to the public.
Join Our Locals Community
Learn how you can sponsor the American Catholic History Podcast. Your name and information will be included in our episodes, plus more benefits. Get information at the SQPN website.
Become a Patron
Drop a Tip in Noëlle & Tom's Tip Jar
Putting these episodes together takes time. If you appreciate what you get, show Noëlle and Tom a little love through Venmo or Paypal.