Fr. Stephen Badin was the first Catholic priest ordained in the United States, a title he took great pride in. Tom and Noëlle Crowe tell us about this gruff, rigid man who was also a tender and caring pastor, a man who traveled well over 100,000 miles in pursuit of souls for Christ.
- This strong-willed adventurer was the first priest ordained in the U.S.
- Who Was Stephen Badin? | Stories | Notre Dame Magazine
- The Role of Father Badin’s Slaves in Frontier Kentucky
- American Catholic History pilgrimage to the Kentucky Catholic Holy Land in 2021
- CATHOLIC ENCYCLOPEDIA: Stephen Theodore Badin
- Stephen Badin – Wikipedia
Follow to Get Episodes Automatically
And in your kindness, please leave a great rating and a review — those help more people to find American Catholic History!
Brought to you by SQPN and Beatrix Media
The American Catholic History Podcast is a project of Beatrix Media, LTD and is produced and disseminated by the Starquest Production Network.
Keep the American Catholic History Podcast going by supporting SQPN, or by becoming a sponsor of American Catholic History!
Become a StarQuest Patron
Patrons keep all of SQPN's shows going, including American Catholic History. Patrons also receive special gifts and exclusive access to special content and early releases of certain episodes. Find out all of the benefits of being a Patron and choose your level today!
Sponsor American Catholic History
Learn how you can sponsor the American Catholic History Podcast. Your name and information will be included in our episodes, plus more benefits. Get information at the SQPN website.