George Washington requested the presence of a Catholic priest when he was on his deathbed, and rumors have swirled ever since of a deathbed conversion. The rumors are supported by his long-standing affinity for Catholics, and a few other interesting facts. Did the Father of our Country die a Catholic?
- The American Catholic Historical Researches, 1900
- George Washington and Catholics
- George Washington and Catholicism
- The Founders’ Tolerance – George Washington, John Adams, George Mason, Benjamin Franklin, Thomas Jefferson
- George Washington and the Basilica of Saint Mary
- George Washington: Champion of Religious Freedom
- George Washington’s Letter to Catholics and Colonial Religious Liberty
- From George Washington to the Hebrew Congregation in Newport …
Follow to Get Episodes Automatically
And in your kindness, please leave a great rating and a review — those help more people to find American Catholic History!
Brought to you by SQPN and Beatrix Media
Keep the American Catholic History Podcast going by supporting SQPN, or by becoming a sponsor of American Catholic History, and contact Beatrix Media (Tom and Noëlle's media company) for your writing, digital strategy, and SEO needs!
Become a StarQuest Patron
Patrons keep all of SQPN's shows going, including American Catholic History. Patrons also receive special gifts and exclusive access to special content and early releases of certain episodes. Find out all of the benefits of being a Patron and choose your level today!
Sponsor American Catholic History Episodes
Learn how you can sponsor the American Catholic History Podcast. Your name and information will be included in our episodes, plus more benefits. Get information at the SQPN website.
Drop a Tip in Noëlle & Tom's Tip Jar
Putting these episodes together takes time. If you appreciate what you get, show Noëlle and Tom a little love through Venmo or Paypal.