John Fitzgerald was a Catholic and one of George Washington’s aides de camp. Tom and Noëlle Crowe tell us that Fitzgerald helped Washington avoid a coup during the war and remained close to his old general after. He may even have gotten the President to donate to building the first Catholic church in Virginia.
- John Fitzgerald · George Washington’s Mount Vernon
- The Sacred Heart Review, Volume 41, Number 6 — 30 January 1909 — Boston College Newspapers
- Lt Col John Fitzgerald – Valley Forge National Historical Park (U.S. National Park Service)
- George Washington and Colonel John Fitzgerald – The Basilica of Saint Mary
- VA. Hibernian’s Seek Answers on Removal of Irish Immigrants Name From Fitzgerald Square
- LTC John Fitzgerald (Unknown-1799) – Find A Grave Memorial
Follow to Get Episodes Automatically
And in your kindness, please leave a great rating and a review — those help more people to find American Catholic History!
Brought to you by SQPN and Beatrix Media
The American Catholic History Podcast is a project of Beatrix Media, LTD and is produced and disseminated by the Starquest Production Network.
Keep the American Catholic History Podcast going by supporting SQPN, or by becoming a sponsor of American Catholic History!
Become a StarQuest Patron
Patrons keep all of SQPN's shows going, including American Catholic History. Patrons also receive special gifts and exclusive access to special content and early releases of certain episodes. Find out all of the benefits of being a Patron and choose your level today!
Sponsor American Catholic History
Learn how you can sponsor the American Catholic History Podcast. Your name and information will be included in our episodes, plus more benefits. Get information at the SQPN website.