Noel Dubé, Noëlle’s grandfather, was a hero of World War II, landing on D-Day and playing a key role in the breakout from the beaches and the race through the hedgerows of Normandy. He also raised ten children with his wife Tony and started a local shrine to Our Lady that drew visitors from across the country.
- Noël Dubé Obituary (2010) – Lowell, MA – Lowell Sun
- [D-Day 50 Years] | C-SPAN.org
- 29th Infantry Division: A Short History of a Fighting Division – Joseph H. Ewing – Google Books
- Nashua Area Men and Women in World War II – RON DUBE – Google Books
- Hero at Home and Abroad – Lowell Sun
- Man can keep his backyard shrine – News – southcoasttoday.com – New Bedford, MA
- WWII veteran with local ties honored at national memorial – fosters.com – Dover, NH
Follow to Get Episodes Automatically
And in your kindness, please leave a great rating and a review — those help more people to find American Catholic History!
Support American Catholic History
Noëlle and Tom enjoy doing this work, but they can't do it without support!
Become a supporter of American Catholic History to keep this great Catholic content coming.
Over on Locals we host reading groups, post exclusive videos, chat sessions, and we share more content not available to the public.
Join Our Locals Community
Learn how you can sponsor the American Catholic History Podcast. Your name and information will be included in our episodes, plus more benefits. Get information at the SQPN website.
Become a Patron
Drop a Tip in Noëlle & Tom's Tip Jar
Putting these episodes together takes time. If you appreciate what you get, show Noëlle and Tom a little love through Venmo or Paypal.