Mother Benedict hid from the Nazis in her French Benedictine monastery during World War II, and after liberation by American GIs she pledged to return to the U.S. to found a monastery to pray for and bless her homeland. The story of the founding of Regina Laudis Abbey in Connecticut eventually became the basis for the acclaimed movie Come To The Stable, which was nominated for eight Oscars.
- Mother Benedict: Foundress of the Abbey of Regina Laudis
- Come to the Stable [Prime Video]
- Come To The Stable [DVD]
- God is the Bigger Elvis
- The Ear of the Heart: An Actress’ Journey from Hollywood to Holy Vows
- Women in Chant: Gregorian Chants for the Festal Celebrations of the Virgin Martyrs and Our Lady of Sorrows
- Women in Chant: Recordare: Remembering the Mysteries in the Life of Jesus, Son of Mary
- The American Catholic Almanac
Follow to Get Episodes Automatically
And in your kindness, please leave a great rating and a review — those help more people to find American Catholic History!
Brought to you by SQPN and Beatrix Media
Keep the American Catholic History Podcast going by supporting SQPN, or by becoming a sponsor of American Catholic History, and contact Beatrix Media for your writing, digital strategy, and SEO needs!
Become a StarQuest Patron
Patrons keep all of SQPN's shows going, including American Catholic History. Patrons also receive special gifts and exclusive access to special content and early releases of certain episodes. Find out all of the benefits of being a Patron and choose your level today!
Sponsor American Catholic History Episodes
Learn how you can sponsor the American Catholic History Podcast. Your name and information will be included in our episodes, plus more benefits. Get information at the SQPN website.
Drop a Tip in Noëlle & Tom's Tip Jar
Putting these episodes together takes time. If you appreciate what you get, show Noëlle and Tom a little love through Venmo or Paypal.