When Jesuit Father Ferdinand Farmer came to the US colonies before the Revolution, they were bitterly divided by religious intolerance. Tom and Noëlle tell us how his selfless, tireless efforts did much to break down the walls and help the Catholic faith to gain respect.
- CATHOLIC ENCYCLOPEDIA: Ferdinand Steinmeyer
- Ferdinand Farmer
- Pioneer Missionary
- Woodstock Letters, Volume XLIV
- Woodstock Letters, Volume LXXV
- Ferdinand Steinmeyer – Wikipedia
- REV. FERDINAND FARMER. S. J. OF PHILADELPHIA, 1758–86
- REV. FERDINAND FARMER. S. J. OF PHILADELPHIA, 1752–86
- FUNERAL SERMON ON THE DEATH OF THE REV. FERDINAND FARMER, WHO DEPARTED THIS LIFE THE 17TH OF AUGUST, 1786, IN THE 66TH YEAR OF HIS AGE. BY THE REV. ROBERT MOLYNEUX
- Transit of Venus landed Colonial science
Follow to Get Episodes Automatically
And in your kindness, please leave a great rating and a review — those help more people to find American Catholic History!
Brought to you by SQPN and Beatrix Media
The American Catholic History Podcast is a project of Beatrix Media, LTD and is produced and disseminated by the Starquest Production Network.
Keep the American Catholic History Podcast going by supporting SQPN, or by becoming a sponsor of American Catholic History!
Become a StarQuest Patron
Patrons keep all of SQPN's shows going, including American Catholic History. Patrons also receive special gifts and exclusive access to special content and early releases of certain episodes. Find out all of the benefits of being a Patron and choose your level today!
Sponsor American Catholic History
Learn how you can sponsor the American Catholic History Podcast. Your name and information will be included in our episodes, plus more benefits. Get information at the SQPN website.