Father Ferdinand Steinmeyer served as a Jesuit priest at St. Joseph and St. Mary parishes in Philadelphia before and during the American Revolution. He risked his life entering New York, where being a priest was a hangable offense prior to the Revolution, and he did so often under the guise of a farmer.
- CATHOLIC ENCYCLOPEDIA: Ferdinand Steinmeyer
- Ferdinand Farmer
- Pioneer Missionary
- Woodstock Letters, Volume XLIV
- Woodstock Letters, Volume LXXV
- Ferdinand Steinmeyer – Wikipedia
- REV. FERDINAND FARMER. S. J. OF PHILADELPHIA, 1758–86
- REV. FERDINAND FARMER. S. J. OF PHILADELPHIA, 1752–86
- FUNERAL SERMON ON THE DEATH OF THE REV. FERDINAND FARMER, WHO DEPARTED THIS LIFE THE 17TH OF AUGUST, 1786, IN THE 66TH YEAR OF HIS AGE. BY THE REV. ROBERT MOLYNEUX
- Transit of Venus landed Colonial science
Follow to Get Episodes Automatically
And in your kindness, please leave a great rating and a review — those help more people to find American Catholic History!
Brought to you by SQPN and Beatrix Media
Keep the American Catholic History Podcast going by supporting SQPN, or by becoming a sponsor of American Catholic History, and contact Beatrix Media (Tom and Noëlle's media company) for your writing, digital strategy, and SEO needs!
Become a StarQuest Patron
Patrons keep all of SQPN's shows going, including American Catholic History. Patrons also receive special gifts and exclusive access to special content and early releases of certain episodes. Find out all of the benefits of being a Patron and choose your level today!
Sponsor American Catholic History Episodes
Learn how you can sponsor the American Catholic History Podcast. Your name and information will be included in our episodes, plus more benefits. Get information at the SQPN website.
Drop a Tip in Noëlle & Tom's Tip Jar
Putting these episodes together takes time. If you appreciate what you get, show Noëlle and Tom a little love through Venmo or Paypal.