The daughter of Nathaniel Hawthorne, Rose Hawthorne was born into American literary royalty. But after enduring family tragedy and the death of a child, she became Catholic. Eventually she formed a Dominican religious community — The Dominican Sisters of Hawthorne — to serve the most destitute cancer patients of New York.
- Rose Hawthorne Biography
- The Remarkable Rose Hawthorne
- Mother Mary Alphonsa – Wikipedia
- Rose Hawthorne Lathrop – The GIVEN Institute
- Rose Hawthorne, a life consecrated to terminal cancer patients — Aleteia
- Rose Hawthorne Lathrop Poems > My poetic side
- Rose Hawthorne, Nathaniel Hawthorne’s Daughter, Becomes Candidate for Catholic Saint – New England Historical Society
- Mother Mary Alphonsa, Daughter of Nathaniel Hawthorne, is Now Called a Servant of God
Follow to Get Episodes Automatically
And in your kindness, please leave a great rating and a review — those help more people to find American Catholic History!
Brought to you by SQPN and Beatrix Media
Keep the American Catholic History Podcast going by supporting SQPN, or by becoming a sponsor of American Catholic History, and contact Beatrix Media (Tom and Noëlle's media company) for your writing, digital strategy, and SEO needs!
Become a StarQuest Patron
Patrons keep all of SQPN's shows going, including American Catholic History. Patrons also receive special gifts and exclusive access to special content and early releases of certain episodes. Find out all of the benefits of being a Patron and choose your level today!
Sponsor American Catholic History Episodes
Learn how you can sponsor the American Catholic History Podcast. Your name and information will be included in our episodes, plus more benefits. Get information at the SQPN website.
Drop a Tip in Noëlle & Tom's Tip Jar
Putting these episodes together takes time. If you appreciate what you get, show Noëlle and Tom a little love through Venmo or Paypal.