The daughter of Nathaniel Hawthorne, Rose Hawthorne was born into American literary royalty. But after enduring family tragedy and the death of a child, she became Catholic. Eventually she formed a Dominican religious community — The Dominican Sisters of Hawthorne — to serve the most destitute cancer patients of New York.
- Rose Hawthorne Biography
- The Remarkable Rose Hawthorne
- Mother Mary Alphonsa – Wikipedia
- Rose Hawthorne Lathrop – The GIVEN Institute
- Rose Hawthorne, a life consecrated to terminal cancer patients — Aleteia
- Rose Hawthorne Lathrop Poems > My poetic side
- Rose Hawthorne, Nathaniel Hawthorne’s Daughter, Becomes Candidate for Catholic Saint – New England Historical Society
- Mother Mary Alphonsa, Daughter of Nathaniel Hawthorne, is Now Called a Servant of God
Follow to Get Episodes Automatically
And in your kindness, please leave a great rating and a review — those help more people to find American Catholic History!
Support American Catholic History
Noëlle and Tom enjoy doing this work, but they can't do it without support!
Become a supporter of American Catholic History to keep this great Catholic content coming.
Over on Locals we host reading groups, post exclusive videos, chat sessions, and we share more content not available to the public.
Join Our Locals Community
Learn how you can sponsor the American Catholic History Podcast. Your name and information will be included in our episodes, plus more benefits. Get information at the SQPN website.
Become a Patron
Drop a Tip in Noëlle & Tom's Tip Jar
Putting these episodes together takes time. If you appreciate what you get, show Noëlle and Tom a little love through Venmo or Paypal.