Polish immigrants in Milwaukee needed a new Church and their pastor was intent on making it happen. And then after construction was about to begin, the federal building in Chicago was slated for destruction. The whole building was brought north in pieces and every piece was repurposed to build the new St. Josaphat church.
- Basilica of St. Josaphat – Wikipedia
- History of the Basilica – The Basilica of St. Josaphat – Milwaukee, WI
- 8 things you didn’t know about The Basilica of St. Josaphat – OnMilwaukee
- About The Basilica – St. Josaphat Foundation
- Basilica of Saint Josaphat | Encyclopedia of Milwaukee
- Erhard Brielmaier – Wikipedia
- Chicago Post Office and Custom House
Follow to Get Episodes Automatically
And in your kindness, please leave a great rating and a review — those help more people to find American Catholic History!
Brought to you by SQPN and Beatrix Media
Keep the American Catholic History Podcast going by supporting SQPN, or by becoming a sponsor of American Catholic History, and contact Beatrix Media for your writing, digital strategy, and SEO needs!
Become a StarQuest Patron
Patrons keep all of SQPN's shows going, including American Catholic History. Patrons also receive special gifts and exclusive access to special content and early releases of certain episodes. Find out all of the benefits of being a Patron and choose your level today!
Sponsor American Catholic History Episodes
Learn how you can sponsor the American Catholic History Podcast. Your name and information will be included in our episodes, plus more benefits. Get information at the SQPN website.
Drop a Tip in Noëlle & Tom's Tip Jar
Putting these episodes together takes time. If you appreciate what you get, show Noëlle and Tom a little love through Venmo or Paypal.