Fr. Peter Whelan was an elderly Irish priest in Georgia and South Carolina who brought Christ to the sick and imprisoned during the Civil War. Tom and Noëlle Crowe tell how brought Christ to both Confederate POWs in the North, and Union POWs at the most notorious prison camp in the South, Andersonville.
- Fr. Peter Whelan: Serving the Blue and the Gray – The Wild Geese
- Peter Whelan (priest) – Wikipedia
- Fr. Whelan, Angel of Andersonville, is Honored in Wexford | Irish America
- Fr.Peter Whelan, the Angel of Andersonville – Pearl River Ancient Order of Hibernians
- Andersonville National Historic Site (U.S. National Park Service)
Follow to Get Episodes Automatically
And in your kindness, please leave a great rating and a review — those help more people to find American Catholic History!
Brought to you by SQPN and Beatrix Media
The American Catholic History Podcast is a project of Beatrix Media, LTD and is produced and disseminated by the Starquest Production Network.
Keep the American Catholic History Podcast going by supporting SQPN, or by becoming a sponsor of American Catholic History!
Become a StarQuest Patron
Patrons keep all of SQPN's shows going, including American Catholic History. Patrons also receive special gifts and exclusive access to special content and early releases of certain episodes. Find out all of the benefits of being a Patron and choose your level today!
Sponsor American Catholic History
Learn how you can sponsor the American Catholic History Podcast. Your name and information will be included in our episodes, plus more benefits. Get information at the SQPN website.