Father Samuel Mazzuchelli, OP was a young Dominican friar who evangelized the upper Midwest. His tireless work almost singlehandedly transformed the faith in the region. When he died it was discovered that, as a penance, he wore a chain around his waist under his habit, and it had been there for so long his skin had partially grown over it.
- The influence and bio of Samuel Mazzuchelli–Aleteia
- Samuel Mazzuchelli, O.P.: a kaleidoscope of scenes from his life
- Samuel Mazzuchelli – Wikipedia
- Life and Works – Sinsinawa Dominicans
- The Memoirs of Father Samuel Mazzuchelli
- Ste. Anne Catholic Church | History
- The Apostle of the Upper Midwest: Samuel Mazzuchelli – Crisis Magazine
- Green Bay parish celebrates life of its founder, Fr. Samuel Mazzuchelli | The Compass
Follow to Get Episodes Automatically
And in your kindness, please leave a great rating and a review — those help more people to find American Catholic History!
Brought to you by SQPN and Beatrix Media
Keep the American Catholic History Podcast going by supporting SQPN, or by becoming a sponsor of American Catholic History, and contact Beatrix Media (Tom and Noëlle's media company) for your writing, digital strategy, and SEO needs!
Become a StarQuest Patron
Patrons keep all of SQPN's shows going, including American Catholic History. Patrons also receive special gifts and exclusive access to special content and early releases of certain episodes. Find out all of the benefits of being a Patron and choose your level today!
Sponsor American Catholic History Episodes
Learn how you can sponsor the American Catholic History Podcast. Your name and information will be included in our episodes, plus more benefits. Get information at the SQPN website.
Drop a Tip in Noëlle & Tom's Tip Jar
Putting these episodes together takes time. If you appreciate what you get, show Noëlle and Tom a little love through Venmo or Paypal.