Adele Brise, an immigrant from Belgium, had a deep devotion to prayer. In 1859 she received a series of apparitions of the Blessed Mother who charged her to teach the faith to the children. She faced much opposition within the Church, but persevered. Over time a shrine and pilgrimage site developed where the apparitions took place, and it miraculously survived a terrible forest fire.
- Adele’s Story | The National Shrine of Our Lady of Good Help
- This is the only officially recognized Marian apparition in the United States
- First Approved Marian Apparition in the US, Champion, Wisconsin – Catholicism.org
- Called to Evangelize: The Story of Adele Brise and the Mariophany that Changed her Life
- Guided by Mary, Adele Brise taught children about Catholic faith | The Compass
- National Shrine of Our Lady of Good Help – Wikipedia
Follow to Get Episodes Automatically
And in your kindness, please leave a great rating and a review — those help more people to find American Catholic History!
Brought to you by SQPN and Beatrix Media
Keep the American Catholic History Podcast going by supporting SQPN, or by becoming a sponsor of American Catholic History, and contact Beatrix Media (Tom and Noëlle's media company) for your writing, digital strategy, and SEO needs!
Become a StarQuest Patron
Patrons keep all of SQPN's shows going, including American Catholic History. Patrons also receive special gifts and exclusive access to special content and early releases of certain episodes. Find out all of the benefits of being a Patron and choose your level today!
Sponsor American Catholic History Episodes
Learn how you can sponsor the American Catholic History Podcast. Your name and information will be included in our episodes, plus more benefits. Get information at the SQPN website.
Drop a Tip in Noëlle & Tom's Tip Jar
Putting these episodes together takes time. If you appreciate what you get, show Noëlle and Tom a little love through Venmo or Paypal.