Fray Antonio Margil de Jesus walked all over Central and North America, from as far south as Guatemala, and north into present-day Texas and Louisiana. He led academies and founded missions. He was a tireless missionary, was responsible for miraculous occurrences, and was known as the “Friar of the Winged Feet” because of his ability to get from one place to another more quickly than he should have been able.
- Venerable Antonio Margil de Jesús, OFM. Friar of the Winged Feet, 1657-1726
- The Missionary Activities of Fray Antonio Margil de Jesús in Texas, 1716-1722
- Fr. Anthony Margil of Jesus
- Locating the Eyes of Father Margil
- Margil Was 60 Years Old When He Founded Missions Here.
- Remembering Father Margil of Mission San José
- TSHA | Margil de Jesús, Antonio
- Nothingness Itself: Selected Writings of Ven. Fr. Antonio Margil 1690-1724 by Antonio Margil de Jesus (1976-12-01)
- The Restless Friar: Venerable Fray Antonio Margil De Jesus, Missionary to the Americas, Apostle of Texas
- Fray Antonio Margil de Jesús y Querétaro en el siglo XVIII: Su influencia religiosa en la sociedad (Spanish Edition)
- The American Catholic Almanac
Follow to Get Episodes Automatically
And in your kindness, please leave a great rating and a review — those help more people to find American Catholic History!
Support American Catholic History
Noëlle and Tom enjoy doing this work, but they can't do it without support!
Become a supporter of American Catholic History to keep this great Catholic content coming.
Over on Locals we host reading groups, post exclusive videos, chat sessions, and we share more content not available to the public.
Join Our Locals Community
Learn how you can sponsor the American Catholic History Podcast. Your name and information will be included in our episodes, plus more benefits. Get information at the SQPN website.
Become a Patron
Drop a Tip in Noëlle & Tom's Tip Jar
Putting these episodes together takes time. If you appreciate what you get, show Noëlle and Tom a little love through Venmo or Paypal.